Eat East of Edmonton (EEE)
Our new tourism development initiative, the Eat East of Edmonton Culinary Trail Pilot Project, has been announced through a partnership between the Go East of Edmonton Regional Tourism Organization and the Alberta Culinary Tourism Alliance.
The Eat East of Edmonton Culinary Trail pilot project will bring together east central Alberta’s diverse culinary and agricultural tourism experiences to develop a collaborative experiential tourism product, and will be promoted to regional tourists as a great way to experience the bounty of the region. The completed Eat East of Edmonton Culinary Trail Pilot Project is being launched in late spring 2014.
Gord Snyder, Project Coordinator of GO East RTO states ‘this is a great partnership and opportunity for the product in our region to be collected and connected in a manner that will allow for culinary traits to be further developed throughout Alberta based on this pilot model.’
Our mission is to facilitate the development of innovative food industry partnerships, culinary experiences and promotional programs that serve as a channel for:
- Increased tourism visitations to East Central Alberta
- Increased consumption of rural East Central Alberta food products, and
- Increased export sales of rural East Central Alberta food products.
We have partnership funding with ACTA (Alberta Culinary Tourism Association) to build a database of all east central Alberta culinary producers.
Pilot project events include:
- JUNE 19-20: BOUNTY IN BEAVER COUNTY
- JUNE 19-20: LAMONT PYROGY FESTIVAL
- JULY 5: SAVOUR STRATHCONA COUNTY
- JULY 16:TASTE OF WAINWRIGHT
- AUG 8: WILDBERRY FESTIVAL Boyle, AB
- AUG 15: BISON FESTIVAL Elk Island National Park
- AUG 16: BATTLE RIVER RAIL GARDEN & GOURMET
- AUG 22-23: ALBERTA OPEN FARM DAYS
- AUG 23-24: BABAS & BORSHCH UKRAINIAN FESTIVAL and Alberta Open Farm Days, Andrew, AB
- AUG 23-23: PRAIRIE FUN DAYS Camrose County and Alberta Farm Days
- SEPT 13: TASTE OF HERITAGE Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- OCT 3: SMOKY LAKE PUMPKIN FESTIVAL
- OCT 3: OKTOBERFEST Camrose County
- OCT 10: ANDREW GARLIC FESTIVAL
- OCT 25: BATTLE RIVER RAIL OCTOBERFEST